Thursday, April 21, 2011

Scarsdale Home Baked Protein Bread - without gluten flour

This is the first time I baked protein bread and I didn't have gluten flour, so I just replaced it with all-purpose flour. What can I say? It is worth the extra effort, this bread is awesome. Unfortunately I didn't have a small bread pan and I used a large one; after I sliced it looks like biscotti :-)
I wasn't sure how long to knead or wait for it to rise and it all just worked out. I used a food processor to make the dough; it was very elastic and smooth and a little sticky. It didn't doubled in size. Next time I will let it rise overnight and I will use a small bread pan or double the ingredients.

So here is how I made it:

1 cup of warm water,
1 tablespoon of dry yeast,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
1 teaspoon sugar,
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar,
1/2 cup of soy flour,
1/4 cup all-purpose flour,
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour,


Pour water into mixing bowl. Sprinkle dry yeast on water and let stand until it dissolves (about 5 minutes). Mix in salt, sugar, cider vinegar. Sift thoroughly, then gradually add soy and all-purpose flour, then whole wheat flour.
Mix slowly until dough stiffens and does not stick to sides of bowl (you may used a food processor, following machine directions, for this step).
Lightly flour a board then roll out the dough on it. Knead well (about 5 minutes) until dough feels smooth and elastic.
Coat bread pan with no-stick vegetable spray. Shape the dough to fit, set it into the pan, cover with dish towel and set in a warm place to rise to about the top of the bread pan (2 to 3 hours). Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake bread for about 1 hour or until well browned. Keep in refrigerator.

Tags: scarsdale diet protein bread recipe, scarsdale diet home made protein bread recipe, scarsdale medical diet protein bread recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for visiting.