Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tuna & Salad

It's tuna again. How can I make a tuna salad without mayo? This was the question that tortured me today. And than.... I came up with a great idea: how about tuna with salad? This is it. Straight out the can, just with a little lemon juice and a salad.
Give it a try. I loved it.

Ingredients:
1 large tomato
1/2 english cucumber
1 small onion
oregano
salt
2 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:
This is a very simple salad; you don’t have to chop everything finely.
Season with some salt, oregano and lemon juice. Set aside.
Drain the tuna and place in a small bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice.

Tags: scarsdale diet tuna salad recipe, canned tuna with lemon juice, scarsdale medical diet tuna salad recipe, scarsdale diet tuna with salad recipe, tuna with salad recipe idea for scarsdale diet

4 comments:

  1. I wish my Hubby would eat tuna. I love tuna salad and this recipe sounds even more delicious then what I would have made. Going to have to make this and eat it all on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just found your blog, and just started the diet 2 days ago. Loving it so far! Have you heard if you can substitute canned salmon or canned mackerel for the canned tuna??? I have those available and just want to use them up. Thanks.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie
      I know you can eat canned tuna or salmon. There is nothing in the book about any other canned fish.

      In the Q&A I found this:

      Q - When you specify tuna fish on the Diet, does it have to be water-packed?
      A - No, but if the tuna fish is oil-packed, por off all the oil you can. Do the same with canned salmon. Then rinse in a collander or strainer under cold water and shake dry.

      Q - When I have tuna fish or canned salmon can I cut celery into it?
      A - Yes, if it makes it tastier for you, add celery and carrots, chopped parsley, squeeze in some lemon or lime juice - use your creativity.
      I hope this was helpful.

      Good luck with your diet.

      Delete
  3. na-salat.ru - 1000 салатов для застолий и праздников.
    Подарите хорошее настроение своим гостям.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for visiting.