Saturday, December 17, 2011

Scarsdale Diet Salad Dressing

I tried some dressing recipes from the Scarsdale Diet book but I just didn't like them. Here is my take on no oil dressing. Give it a try, add your own seasoning and drizzle it on your salad. I like this one.
This will make 1 cup of dressing. I use about 1 tablespoon dressing on my salad. Keep it in a jar in the refrigerator.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup roasted garlic balsamic condiment
1/2 cup water
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt
black pepper
oregano
chopped parsley (optional)

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a jar, cover with a lid and shake well.
Taste and adjust seasoning.

Note:
Make your own dressing using your favorite seasoning like salad seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, or add chopped parsley leaves or fresh dill.

Tags: scarsdale diet salad dressing recipe, scarsdale diet salad dressing recipe no oil, scarsdale medical diet salad dressing recipe, smd salad dressing recipe, no oil salad dressing recipe, oil free salad dressing recipe

8 comments:

  1. This recipe looks interesting! Bookmarked to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dressing is super light and with a lot of flavor. The mustard and the garlic gives it a kick. I make about a cup every week.

      Delete
  2. Started Scarsdale last week, and have stumbled across your blog. Such creative ideas! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I wish you good luck with your diet, it's not so hard, you can grill, bake or pan fry the meat and serve it vith a salad or with vegetables. That sounds pretty good to me. Good luck!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi I been doing the diet for 5 day and loose 7 lbs. So far! I love it! And the food is really good :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liberty, I am so glad to hear that this diet works for you. If you plan ahead and you don't cheat you will reach your goal. Good luck.

      Delete
  4. What exactly is the roasted garlic balsamic condiment? Is it a vinegarette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a balsamic vinaigrette with roasted garlic flavor. On the label says roasted garlic balsamic condiment.

      Delete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for visiting.